The Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) held its first meeting Oct. 4th. to kick-off the start of a year long process to update the Corvallis Municipal Airport Master Plan. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recommends that airports update their long term planning documents every seven to ten years. The last Master Plan update for Corvallis was in 2001. So it is that time again!
Corvallis received a grant from the FAA to cover 95% of the cost with the remaining 5% being a city match. Using federal guidelines for consultant selection, Coffman Associates, a national aviation planning firm, was selected to do the update. Airport planner, Patrick Taylor, project manager, led the PAC through the orientation and process requirements. PAC member, Biff Traber (541-766-6498 )is representing the City on the airport commission. The BEC is represented by Bill Ford and Kyle Mason who will take an active role in the process.
Follow the progress on the Corvallis Municipal Airport Web or on the Industrial Lands page of the Business Enterprise Center web site. If you have a good idea for consideration please submit it to one of the PAC members, call 541-758-4009, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a public process and there will be at least one public general meeting prior to publication of the updated plan.
Stay tuned for updates.